Subject: Re: crypto move?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/2000 01:15:32
> I don't agree with this.  It was a mistake in the first place for
> "allsrc" to include crypto.  It should be in the security release.
> This will help any countries that need to avoid the crypto code.
> For others it is just one more line in the supfile, as before.
> I would very much like to keep it this way.

I agree that your POV is also reasonable, but...

Unfotunetely, the configuration used by yesterday's SUP didn't
work as you expected. For example, NetBSD-current/src/sys,
NetBSD-current/src/usr.bin/bdes and NetBSD-current/src/usr.bin/telnet
already include crypto related stuff.

So, if we will support crypto-free distribution, we have to go
back to the source structure before the crypto integration.
--
soda