Subject: Re: DESTDIR build does not use newly built libraries in libasn1?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/2000 09:59:26
Think "upgrade from a.out to elf"

I did my upgrade by hand and that required a lot of static linking
temporarily and installing stuff into a new area so I could rebuild the tree
correctly. Attempting to get all the binaries required was fun. This would have
been next to impossible to automate as part of a "make build" from any point
in the past.

(Or at a minimum the automation would have been a complete one-off to support
a one time thing which again is pretty meaningless)

James