Subject: Re: 1.5Alpha pppd problems
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/2000 00:19:42
>> Why noauth?  I'm need authentication because I run pppd directly from
>> getty.  Could this be the problem?  How does the 1.5Alpha
>You want the client to authentify itself to the server, but not the server
>to the client, rigth ?

	it looks to me that the default setting for pppd is changed somewhere
	in pppd master distribution development, and old configuration without
	explicit "noauth" chokes.  the easiest way to update configuration
	file is to put "noauth" in /etc/ppp/options.  maybe we should document
	the change somewhere, and/or put sample /etc/ppp/* somewhere.

itojun