Subject: Re: PCMCIA: Xircom RealPort
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@dillema.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2000 21:17:10
On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 08:58:18PM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 05:59:07PM +0200, Ivar Skjoerseter wrote:
> > 	Xircom RBEM RealPort CardBus Fast Ethernet + 56K Modem
>
> This one works just fine using ex_cardbus and com_cardbus.

I know Ivar and his attempts with these cards on his laptop with
NetBSD-1.5ALPHA. On insertion of the card, NetBSD doesn't detect it at
all. So, it seems a cardbus problem and not a driver problem. I told
him though to also ask whether these cards had driver support as
otherwise debugging the cardbus problem wouldn't be very useful to him
in the first place.

So, the question now really is how to find out why the card is not
detected properly on insertion (i believe the com part is identified,
but am not sure... Ivar?). Ivar, could you send the log msgs produced
when you insert the card to the list?

Would CARDBUS_DEBUG option produce more and useful output? (I don't
see it in any of the example kernel configs anymore.

Feico.