Subject: TCL/TK
To: None <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@ftp.netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/2000 01:53:28
> Does anybody use the TCL/TK language for anything? I don't know, if any of
> you are aware of it, but the whole glob that calls itself TC-TK was created
> at the same California school that NetBSD's ancestor was.

Thanks for the information - most of us are aware of it, since it's
in the packages collection: pkgsrc/lang/tcl80 and pkgsrc/x11/tk80
(the packages collection is a good place to look for third party
software, especially if you're coming from the Linux or Windows
world).

On a more personal level, I'm aware of it because, as well as being
on NetBSD's core team and in charge of the packages collection,
I'm also one of the moderators of the comp.lang.tcl.announce
newsgroup.

Regards,
Alistair