Subject: DESTDIR build does not use newly built libraries in libasn1?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2000 01:03:55
Some time ago the function strlcpy() was added to libc. Some
crypto-related programs in more recently added/modified to use it.
Howerver, when I do a make build, these programs fail to link, because
they cannot find strlcpy().  There are no proper -L options specified
for lib/libcom_err/compile_et and libasn1/asn1_compile.  Since these
programs seem to generate some required header files, this holds up
compilation of many other crypto related programs.

Also, I get complaints like
Unknown modifier 'O'
Unknown modifier '@'
although I built make first, and am using it.

Anybody else see this? Apparently not, since I saw no heaps of
complaints about this recently... what am I doing wrong?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder   -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl      -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.