Subject: RE: Off Topic: Paradise Video Card docs?
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Robert Agustin, Jr. <agustin@apicom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/2000 09:20:36
At 09:24 PM 7/9/00 -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:

>First off, define really cheap.

"really cheap" = $8.00

>Did you get it with the usual complement of
>manufacturer supplied documentation?

Nope, no documentation whatsoever. :(

>Then try using the classic search
>engine sequence, Snap.com, AltaVista, so forth. Also typically the ones with
>DIP switches are set for default settings. That is for the Micro$oft world.
>Also, I believe Paradise is still around. So I think their web site should
>be online.

I did try the standard search engine queries.  What I found was that
Western Digital seems to own Paradise and they've stopped supporting all
Paradise-related products.  The most I've been able to dig up is that
Xfree86 supports the card.  No docs about configuring the card, unfortunately.

It does have only 5 dip switches on it, so I suppose I could brute force it
until I found a configuration that works. :)

Then again it's only an $8.00 video card so I won't be too disappointed if
I can't get it to work...

-Robert