Subject: ifconfig nwid ioctl interface change
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2000 09:46:54
I've commited a few days ago the change of ioctl interface to set/get nwid
for 802.11 wireless LAN cards.

This requires you who uses one of wi, awi, ray drivers to update
/sbin/ifconfig as well as kernel.  Note that wiconfig uses different
ioctl and not changed.  You may need to run make includes to compile
ifconfig.

I've confirmed wi and awi drivers, but not yet ray driver since I don't
have raylink nor webgear cards.  Please let me know whether you have a
problem or not, to set or get nwid via ifconfig for "ray" card.

# I'm sorry perhaps I've missed to flush this message from my queue..

Thanks in advance,

Atsushi Onoe