Subject: Re: The shell (csh vs bash)
To: SoMoS <netbsd@oem.es>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/2000 15:10:49
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, SoMoS wrote:

> Hi, I'm a newie in the NetBSD world. I have an Efficient ATM card and

Welcome.

> Now my question (I think it's time now :) ) NetBSD works with csh and
> I wish to use bash (it's the shell i know). If I use it the scripts of
> the system will work? If it won't what i must do? (Perhaps buy a book
> of csh? :=)

bash is available as a binary package and is also part of the package
source tree.

ftp://ftp.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/shells/bash2/README.html

I assume you are running current, so you may want to use the
source. Read: ftp://ftp.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/README

Also read the pkg_add manpage.

> Thanks for the help and if it isn't the correct mailing list, please
> tell me the right one.

Probably netbsd-help or netbsd-users is more appropriate.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net