Subject: Re: FD_SETSIZE limits
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/2000 00:28:06

> It must be that little red demon^H^H^H^Haemon that's living in every one
> of us who makes us fight about everything... ;-)  I mean, what else can
> it be?  The l**** folks aren't like this, are they?

Yes, they are. You should have read (as I did, with dismay) the whole pissing
war over interrupt latency stuff on linux-kernel and the whether RTLinux did
the right thing, yadda yadda yadda yadda. In point of fact, Linus was quite
reasonable, but the same kinds of "*YOU* misrepresented &MY& email!" kinds of
stuff was present in most of the rest of the thread.

It isn't the little red guy that predominates. It's Worf's less restrained and
verbally inarticulate cousins that are in *all* the communities (yes, even in
FreeBSD too, which is *usually* pretty amiable).