Subject: Re: HPT366
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: one more medicated peaceful moment <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/2000 19:23:46
I have one of these in my machine, and to enable it, all I had to do was
open the case and reconnect the drive to the ata/66 controller, using the
ata66 cable. I didnt have to change any kernel options, it simply used a
pciide? at a different location:

pciide0 at pci0 dev 7 function 1: Intel 82371AB IDE controller
(PIIX4) (rev. 0x01)
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
pciide0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode
pciide0: disabling primary channel (no drives)
pciide0: secondary channel wired to compatibility mode
atapibus0 at pciide0 channel 1
pciide0: secondary channel interrupting at irq 15
cd0(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)
pciide1 at pci0 dev 19 function 0: Triones/Highpoint HPT366/370 IDE Controller
 (rev. 0x01)
pciide1: bus-master DMA support present
pciide1: primary channel wired to native-PCI mode
pciide1: using irq 11 for native-PCI interrupt
wd0 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0: <IBM-DPTA-372050>
wd0(pciide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 4
(using DMA data transfers)
cd0(pciide0:1:0): illegal request, data = 00 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

> Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 19:39:46 +0000
> From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
> To: current-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: HPT366
>

> > Manuel Bouyer has committed support to NetBSD-current for the > HighPoint HPT366 IDE Controller. It should work properly with > both
> >     standard and Ultra/66 cables. Support for the HPT370 was
> > also added, but is untested as of this moment. If you have any > problems please
> >    report them with send-pr(1).
>
> Ahh don't suppose someone knows how to "enable" this? I booted -current,
> but see no mention of it in dmesg, or GENERIC. Don't have -current
> man-pages.  Anyone want to throw me a bone?:)
>
> Lund
>
> --
> Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
> Technology Manager, Unix Administrator.
> Phone: +44 (0208)659-1860  Mobile: (0958)642-918
> Pager: 0958642918@one2one.net
>  "Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others
>   without putting his thumb on the scales": Byron J. Langenfeld

|        sean davis       |
| chief technical officer |
|  black hat networks(r)  |

"Better to be paranoid than to be owned."
        -dive