Subject: Re: Changing IRQs with ddb ?
To: Markus Kurek <kurek@unidui.uni-duisburg.de>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/2000 12:49:57
[ sorry this is late. ]

| > > Is it possible to change the IRQ and IO values of ISA NICs with
| > > the kernel debugger?
| > > If yes, how ? :)
| >
| > Yes it is, sort of.  See the NetBSD/i386 FAQ.

Hmm. It is poor to have information in the FAQ that is
not in the release itself. It seems like this might
be appropriate for distrib/notes, or or ne(4)

|  DOH...sorry for this FAQ.
|
|  Too bad the install kernel lacks the symbol table.

Well. We already preserve a few kernel symbols (pcic_isa_alloc_iobase,
pcic_isa_alloc_iosize, pcic_isa_intr_alloc_mask) in
bootfloppy-common/Makefile.inc, but only on the 1.4 branch.

Should this also be done in 1.5 and the mainline, and perhaps add 'loc'?

--jhawk