Subject: update from 2000-05-27 snap to 1.5_ALPHA snap?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2000 14:43:12
[I do not subscribe to current-users please CC: answers to me]
Hi folks,

is it possible on this system:

dave@alice>uname -a
NetBSD alice.turbocat.de 1.4Z NetBSD 1.4Z (ALICE) #0: Tue Jun 27 00:11:53
MEST 2000
dave@alice.turbocat.de:/raid/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/ALICE i386

to fetch the latest kernel sources, make + install a new kernel, to reboot
and to install the rest of the packages?

Or should I wait for 1.5?
What I currently do not like in my NetBSD version is:
* halt/reboot does not work because my raid is not unmounted.
  (I have to shutdown now and halt then...)
* halt -p does not work. With 1.4.something it worked.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION