Subject: 1.4ZD and my drive activity light...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@bsdi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/2000 11:06:38
This is too weird.

So, my drive activity light is pegged.  I have a thinkpad, which has a
single light for all disk access.  I'm running 1.4ZD on i386.  Everything
runs normally.  When the system comes up, and for at least a few hours, the
drive light does-what-I-expect.  At some unspecified time (possibly when
the drive spins down because it's idle?), the light becomes pegged on.  The
system still works.  The drive will spin down if idle, and will warm up and
write again if anything happens.  The little LED on the CD's door flashes
at the right times.  But, the light stays on.  This goes away with a power
cycle.  It never happened before this kernel, and I've had it happen a couple
times since I moved to 1.4ZD.

Any ideas?

-s