Subject: Re: cvsup.pasta.cs.uit.no working?
To: Mark Davies <mark@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@dillema.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/2000 17:54:54
On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 01:14:05AM +0000, Feico W. Dillema wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 02:06:49PM +1200, Mark Davies wrote:
> > Does anyone know what the status of cvsup from pasta is?  I know they were
> > having some problems a little while back.  I've been trying to update my current
> > from there but since about Friday I've been successfully connecting to them
> > but the collections have not updated.
>
> hanging server at night when nobody is present to kick the machine. The
> sources are being updated right now and hopefully after tomorrow the normal
> updates will be run again. Apologies for the inconveniences of the

Sources are normally updated again. We have replaced almost all server
hardware while trying to pinpoint the problem(s). The system still
needs some more work over the next couple of days to bring it from
emergency backup server to production quality server, so expect the
occasional reboot still, but when it is up it should work ok (if not:
complain to me). Note also, that we;re expecting one or two hours of
downtime tomorrow morning (CET) due to network re-wiring activities.

Feico.