Subject: Re: siop vs. ncr
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/2000 14:07:18
On 15.06.00, 13:53:17, Frank van der Linden wrote:

> > So if I connect a wide drive to my narrow adapter via a narrow cable,
> > will the driver and the disk negotiate wide transfers by default?
>
> That seems unlikely to me, but I've never actually tried that setup
> with an NCR controller, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Exactly this problem happened with the ncr driver in 1.3.2, and since
the ncr driver still deteced a 875-based DC390U (with only the narrow
interface usable on the card) as a wide card.

See kern/6849

I was just wondering if this might also happen with siop, since this
driver, too, detects a "wide" scsi card.

Admittedly, it's a wide-capable chip, but the card itself does not
have a wide interface.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Stable and strong!