Subject: Re: read-only source dir build
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Joachim Kuebart <kuebart@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/2000 20:29:39
--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

Johan Danielsson wrote:
> Is anyone using this sucessfully? What should a setup look like.

I'm doing read-only NFS builds. Do a "make obj", then re-mount
read-only and everything works fine for "make build".

In an attempt to avoid having to re-mount for "make obj", I used
MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX. That way, no symlinks need to be created! It even
works for "make build", but fails for "make release" because
"crunchgen" does not support the notion of MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX. That's
a pity, but I'm not going to change it...

cu Jo

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz--