Subject: Re: Massive Networking Slowdown
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/12/2000 18:41:19
At 06:33 PM 6/12/2000 -0400, Curt Sampson wrote:

>I've been upgrading an old Sparc IPX today, and I noticed something rather
>disturbing. Under 1.3, it could ftp a file from the remote host to disk
>at about 940 KB/sec. Under 1.5, as I was bringing over the install files,
>I got only 660 KB/sec.

It just ocurred to me to try FTPing the same file to /dev/null on the
IPX. I get 750K/sec. So some of it, but not all of it, is slower disk
performance.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   http://www.netbsd.org
  Human speech is like a cracked tin kettle, on which we hammer out tunes