Subject: more probs building current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/2000 11:11:18
Hi,
   Having got past the rpcgen problem my build of current now dies when
installing binutils.info:

	[...]
install -r  -c   -o root -g wheel -m 444 strip.cat1 /mnt/SAVE/crypto.base/usr/share/man/cat1/strip.0
chmod 755 /mnt/SAVE/crypto.base/usr/bin/strip
strip /mnt/SAVE/crypto.base/usr/bin/strip
chmod 555 /mnt/SAVE/crypto.base/usr/bin/strip
install -r  -c   -o   -g   -m   binutils.info /mnt/SAVE/crypto.base/usr/share/info/binutils.info
install: binutils.info: invalid file mode
*** Error code 1

which is obviously missing the arguments for the -o, -g and -m flags.  I get
lost trying to work out the dependencies of all the various makefiles so does
anyone have suggestions of whats wrong? where to look?

cheers
mark