Subject: Building Mozilla-current on NetBSD-current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2000 22:54:52
I've been asked to create a guide how to build mozilla, so here we go:

First: all thanks go to TAYA-san, he did all the hard work, created patches
and submitted them to the mozilla team.

Second: a word of warning: this beast is *huge*. A tar.gz of the (default,
debug) build bin directory is 64MB on i386, the space needed to build is 1.2GB.
Tuning the configuration paramaters to do a release build will result in
something smaller ;-)

So, how to get it going:

First, check your prerequisites. A list is available at
http://www.mozilla.org/build/unix-details.html.

(Short version: if you have gmake, GNOME, Perl, and cvs you're done)

Create a directory for the source and cd there. Then do the initial
checkout:

setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot
cvs co SeaMonkeyAll
cvs co -r NSPRPUB_RELEASE_4_0_20000218 mozilla/nsprpub

Now get the patch:
ftp -o netbsd.patch 'http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=9623'

Then cd to the mozilla dir and apply the patch:
cd mozilla
patch < ../netbsd.patch

Now you are ready to do the regular build:
gmake -f client.mk clean
gmake -f client.mk build

This should work and give you a dist/bin directory.
To try it:
cd dist/bin
./mozilla-viewer.sh

Have fun!