Subject: Re: build fails in rpc.bootparamd
To: Mark Davies <mark@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2000 13:12:25
See also the instructions I posted to upgrade for the new RPC code
(to which, btw, I forgot to add one thing: also install a new
/etc/services first):

You must rebuild rpcgen first. Install it, then cd src/lib/librpcsvc ;
make cleandir all install

Below are the original instructions, with 2 lines added:

        * install src/etc/netconfig to /etc/netconfig
	* install src/etc/services to /etc/services
        * install the new header files (cd /usr/src/include ; make includes)
        * install the new rpcgen (cd usr/src/usr.bin/rpcgen ; make all install)
        * install include files in libc (cd usr/src/lib/libc ; make includes)
        * recompile and install libc
	* [at this point you can re-build everything if you wish. do not
	   forget to do a "make cleandir" in /usr/src/lib/librpcsvc first
	   if you plan to do it with UPDATE=1]
        * compile and install usr.sbin/rpcbind
        * since portmap is now gone, and has been replaced by rpcbind,
          you should install new rc.d scripts from src/etc/rc.d (or,
          at least, the ones that used to reference portmap, and the
          new rpcbind itself)
        * edit rc.conf, and replace "portmap" by "rpcbind"

- Frank