Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/2000 12:17:20
According to John Nemeth:

>     However, nobody has done that yet, and I don't see any sign of it
>being done before the release, therefore the install media doubles as
>revocery media.  Also, the install media has tradionally contained all
>the stuff needed to manually install a system, and I would hope that
>remains.  I really don't see any harm in leaving restore(8) on the
>install media.

The last time I looked (just now in fact on the 2.88Mb boot.fs built
from sources a few weeks old), restore is still on the install image.
I find it very handy - I have a "recovery" cd which is a bootable cd
with my laptop HD as a gnu-zipped dump file.  The only downer I have
had with the install floppy is the lack of rsh - means I cannot do a
restore from a remote tape drive without first doing a minimal install.