Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: thorpej@zembu.com, Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2000 16:35:09
On Oct 28,  8:57am, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
} On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 05:20:33PM -0400, Jim Wise wrote:
}
}  > Do we have some bootfloppy image which does have restore(8)?  I know I
}  > can go and build one, but it's _awfully_ reassuring to know that in a
}  > pinch a downloaded bootfloppy will have enough information to recover
}  > the system from a backup...
}
} If we'd like to provide this, then someone can make a "recovery" floppy
} configuration.  But it just doesn't belong on menu-driven install media.

     However, nobody has done that yet, and I don't see any sign of it
being done before the release, therefore the install media doubles as
revocery media.  Also, the install media has tradionally contained all
the stuff needed to manually install a system, and I would hope that
remains.  I really don't see any harm in leaving restore(8) on the
install media.

}-- End of excerpt from Jason R Thorpe