Subject: Re: NOTICE: pcvt on its death bed
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2000 23:32:05
Herb Peyerl said:

>I'm using a "mono card" with wscons and it works fine.  It's not a
>"true" mono card but it's a card that I built and supports only the
>frame buffer and registers of a true IBM MDA card.  a Hercules has
>more registers so it could be something specific to that causing the
>problem.

Yeah, the IBM MDA card was fairly simple. I have one of those around
here somewhere. I've been saving it to use in another server. :-)

I'm not sure why we need to get rid of pccons. Either you compile it
in or you don't. It certainly performs a reasonably valuable service
on i386.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com