Subject: Re: NOTICE: pcvt on its death bed
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2000 19:26:06
On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

: If their are no significant issues raised by Saturday night (11JUN2000
: 0000Z) -- that is, PRs giving detailed information on situations where
: pcvt works and wscons does not, hearsay and vague comments will not be
: accepted -- pcvt will be removed from the i386 port permanently.

What's the significant gain in removing it?  IIRC, vt0 is available as an
option for sharks (or was that work never committed?)...

Also, will this remove both pc0 and vt0, or just vt0?  I use pc0
_exclusively_ on all my i386 boxes, as wscons is just plain huge by
comparison.

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)