Subject: Re: More lossage with rpc changes?
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2000 15:16:52
> > 	which part of cmsg issue is it?  if the issue is that socket credental
> > 	passing on unix domain socket does not obey CMSG_xx, kernel unix domain
> > 	code needs correction.
>Right, well, that was one issue.  I've fixed that part, and another serious
>bug that kept RPC from working.  Credential passing actually worked, as it
>turns out, but descriptor passing did not (I noticed that while running
>the `unfdpass' regression program trying to figure out what was wrong
>with credential passing).

	I filed PR 9516 for this but never really had chance to tackle it.
	unp_xx needs to be corrected to use CMSG_xx to add padding like shown
	n RFC2292 section 4.2.  The tricky part is how to keep backward
	compatibility with compiled binaries...
	(IPv6 ancillary data processing use CMSG_xx correctly, since
	IPv6 ancillyary data has no backward compatibility constraint)

itojun