Subject: Re: New RPC code added to the tree: how to upgrade
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Geoff Wing <gcw@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/2000 00:29:53
Mason Loring Bliss wrote about Re: New RPC code added to the tree: how to upgrade:
:On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 01:40:02PM +0000, Geoff Wing wrote:
:> I had a problem with this (source from anoncvs about 3-4 hours ago &
:> did a make build).
:Frank has fixed, I believe, rpcbind.c, a short time ago... You might want
:to update that directory and rebuild it.

Must have missed the message in source-changes.  Though I'm a bit unsure
about it all anyway, since my manual page says:

	Normally rpcbind accepts these requests only from the loopback
	interface for security reasons.
	Without this flag, local connections are only allowed over a lo-
	cal socket, /var/run/rpcbind.sock

If I'm interpreting that correctly it seems a bit conflicting to me.
If you can use the loopback interface then aren't you a local connection,
in which case you'd have to use the socket not the loopback interface?

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/
Rxvt Stuff : <gcw@rxvt.org>      Ego URL : http://pobox.com/~gcw/