Subject: Re: More lossage with rpc changes?
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/2000 23:29:23
On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 03:16:52PM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

 > 	I filed PR 9516 for this but never really had chance to tackle it.
 > 	unp_xx needs to be corrected to use CMSG_xx to add padding like shown
 > 	n RFC2292 section 4.2.  The tricky part is how to keep backward
 > 	compatibility with compiled binaries...

Regarding backward compatibility... I think we might have broken it once
already during the course of 1.4[A-Z], and it was somthing that had to
be dealt with.  The only thing that was broken was file descriptor passing,
which ~nothing uses, so I just bit the bullet and fixed it.  It'll be fixed
for 1.5 now, and we can actually write an application that uses fd passing
now (I have a couple in mind :-)

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>