Subject: Re: top chewing memory
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/2000 20:46:10
According to itojun@iijlab.net:

>	- is t_getstr supposed to return pointer to dynamically allocated
>	  region?  manpage does not mention it

AFAICT yes, it is supposed to.  This is one change I did not make - it
was like that before I started (honest ;-).  I think you do have to
have a dynamically allocated buffer for this because the most common
usage is:

cm_str = t_getstr(info, "cm", &buff, &limit);

So the storage must be permanent because cm_str is used later.

>	- same question for tgetstr.
>	if t_gettr/tgetstr returns pointer to dynamically allocated region, I
>	see one more memory leak in tputs().

Again, yes.