Subject: VIA MVP4/Trident "CyberBlade" with CRT, anyone?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2000 12:42:55
After reasonably good luck with it on the i-opener, I decided to buy
a few new machines for my lab here with motherboards using the VIA MVP4
chipset.  This chipset has a Trident "CyberBlade/i7" AGP SVGA cell
integrated into its host bridge/memory controller; makes for a *very*
low-cost and reasonably performant machine.

Thing is, I can't make it work with our X server.  It seems to get
confused, decide it's talking to an STN flat panel display, and not
feed sync out the VGA connector.

Has anyone managed to use the onboard video on an MVP4-based board, or
an actual Trident CyberBlade, with an actual CRT, *not* a flat panel like
what's in the i-opener?  If so, I'd like to compare notes on X server
configuration.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"