Subject: staroffice package fails to install
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2000 16:25:25
Folks,
        I am trying to install staroffice 5.1a but have run into some
strife.  When I do a make install I get this:

[root@siren] make reinstall
===>  Installing for staroffice-en-5.1a

 Now running the StarOffice system installation script.

 Simply hit <RETURN> on every requester.  Please do
 _not_ try to change any setup parameters at this time
 (you can do that later during user installation).

 If you do make modifications, automatic package
 deinstallation may fail and you will have to remove
 /usr/pkg/Office51 by hand after running 'pkg_delete'

Segmentation fault - core dumped
*** Error code 139

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Now, I can tell you that it is setup.bin that is core dumping because
it did the same thing when I attempted a manual install.  I believe
that my linux emulation is up to scratch (suse_6.3 package is
installed) because Netscape 4.7 works fine.  I get this behaviour both
on my laptop & my desktop machine both of which are running -current
(kernel is 1.4X).  The staroffice I have is so51a_lnx_01.tar.  Ummmm,
Help?

I wanted staroffice to put together a presentation, if anyone knows of
a better free product for doing this then I will be happy to give it a
try.  I want to avoid M$ powerpoint at all costs - even to the point
of doing the presentation in html if I have to :-)