Subject: Re: joystick port on eap?
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2000 20:09:36
> The eap driver doesn't initialize the joystick port. I couldn't find any
> example of a pci device supporting joy0 at pci?, so I'm not sure why it's
> there - 'already'.

There is an official PCI standard declaring a joystick device.
Few cards implement it, but I got one, so I wrote the attachement.
It's on it's own function, so the sound card driver has nothing to do
with it.

fms0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: Forte Media FM-801
fms0: interrupting at irq 12
fms0: SigmaTel STAC9721 codec; 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Rockwell 3D
audio0 at fms0: full duplex, mmap, independent
opl0 at fms0: model OPL3
midi0 at opl0: FMS Yamaha OPL3
mpu0 at fms0
midi1 at mpu0: FM801 MPU-401 MIDI UART
joy0 at pci0 dev 9 function 1: vendor 0x1319 product 0x0802 (rev 0xb1)
joy0: joystick not connected

Martin