Subject: Re: curses!
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2000 12:45:47
On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 08:28:58PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
> According to Patrick Welche:
>
> Cool - that definitely indicates the truncated termcap was the
> problem.  BTW did you recompile lynx/mutt/elm when you did the update?
> I suspect you did not - I made a change to libtermcap so that it would
> ignore a TERMCAP environment variable if it had a ZZ in it.  It sounds
> like your things were not doing this.

Right again! And now I even have the pretty arrows in mutt

> >It doesn't fix the delete problem...
> >

> Hmmm how do you remap your delete key?  Did you use an xterm option
> for this?

I even removed all remapping. My impression was that backspace/delete/rubout
or whatever the options are would give ^H or ^?, whereas I get ^[[3;5~
This happens with sh and csh in new xterm, not with 1st May xterm.

> >Indeed, reverse video happy in sh - then again, I don't know that it was
> >broken before, and any idea on how to get this to work in csh?

Now I'm even more confused: running old lynx in sh worked. Running freshly
compiled lynx works everywhere => I think my question on getting this to
work in csh is irrelevant.

Thanks for the help,

Patrick