Subject: Re: joystick port on eap?
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/2000 23:37:01
On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 06:05:59PM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Anyone know the magic incantation necessary to get the joystick port on
> an eap board (one of the newer, AC97 boards with ES1371) to work?
>
> The
> joy*    at pci?                         # Game ports (usually on audio cards)
>
> doesn't work, and neither does
> joy0    at isa? port 0x201
>
> ... and I want a control for my new car MP3 player!  :)
>
> Any bright ideas?  The board sounds great, but now I wanna use the joystick
> port!

The eap driver doesn't initialize the joystick port. I couldn't find any
example of a pci device supporting joy0 at pci?, so I'm not sure why it's
there - 'already'.

It shouldn't be very hard to get going - good docs are available for
the eap. Joystick support is low on my personal priority list though.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown