Subject: Re: recommendations for 802.11 DS 2.4 GHz 11Mb cards?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alex <xela@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/27/2000 17:14:08
> I use the 802.11b stuff from Lucent, great platform support from open source
> community. In adition as I udnerstand it there are actualy 802.11b
> interoprability trials and that most work together....

The trials are being run by an industry consortium that appears to
be operating at least somewhat independently (or at least so it
appears to me, based on the fact that Apple is a member of the
consortium but didn't make the cut in the first round of testing).

http://www.wi-fi.org/pressreleases/20000417_firstcertification.asp

Cisco Aironet 340 Series Wireless PC Card
Compaq WL100 11 Mbps Wireless LAN PC Card
Enterasys (Cabletron) RoamAbout 802.11b DS High Rate PC Card
Intermec 2101 Universal Office Access Point
Lucent ORINOCO PC Card - Gold & Silver
Symbol Spectrum24 High Rate 11Mbps Wireless LAN PC Card
Zoom ZoomAir Wireless PC Card

Does anyone know which, if any, of these is supported by NetBSD?

---Alex

Carl Alexander                                                    KD7GUR
------------- MIT (where Alex hangs out):
xela@mit.edu      Course VI (sometime special student)    SIPB (prospective)
                  Mitgaard ("honorary mold")    MITSFS    LSC (night worker)
                  http://web.mit.edu/~xela
------------- Work (where they call me 'Carl'):
carl@terc.edu     Sr. Systems & Network Administrator, TERC
                  http://www.terc.edu