Subject: Re: SMP-related process state changes
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/2000 17:35:43
On Thu, 25 May 2000, David Maxwell wrote:

# >
# > [For the ones who do take releases seriously:  No, I'm NOT trying to be
# > either of a) obtuse or b) a PITA.  I'm just wondering if we do NOT go
# > to 1.5 at this point, what happens next?]
#
# This was discussed in a long thread a while back - I don't recall which
# list.
#
# 1.4ZA sorts after 1.4Z. Sort order is significant for pkgsrc versioning
# purposes. (As well as general sanity)

Yes, but look at the numeric value format of the __NetBSD_Version__ macro.

Things are gonna look kinda screwy for a while by comparison to its
intended format.  At least we're not going to hit 99 versions
(I hope).

I was worried because I thought that macro got automagically
generated; turns out it doesn't, so no worries.  Sorry for the FUD fight.

#
# So, it seems you'll be seeing 1.4ZA, 1.4ZB, 1.4ZC...
#
#

				--*greywolf;
--