Subject: Re: The new rc.d stuff...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/25/2000 10:42:40
[ On Wednesday, May 24, 2000 at 23:36:56 (-0700), John Nemeth wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: The new rc.d stuff...
>
> } If you're not finding what you need to change in a matter of seconds, you're
> } not searching well. Use the available tools. At some point, if you maintain
>
>      The point is that I shouldn't have to hunt at all, it should all be
> in one place.

How can you say that John!?!?!  It sounds very Windows-like!  ;-)

In truth a logical layout of things, even in disparate places, is to me
much more preferable than jumbling everything into the same place (be it
a directory, or a file).

I think what you're fighting against is that *your* preferred logical
layout doesn't match that which someone else created.  What I think Jay
was trying to say, and certainly what I tried to say several times, is
that if you're willing to try and find the "other" logic then you'll be
equally well at home in both environments.

(Yes, there are always "mistakes" in the layouts -- nobody's perfect and
some vendors are more thick-headed than others, but....)

--
							Greg A. Woods