Subject: Re: bufcache cancer in -current?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/24/2000 18:43:21
Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl> writes:

> This might be possible, although nothing changed in the ahc driver since
> your previous, working kernel (except for some changes I made yesterday,
> but those will only make it more conservative, and were after you got
> your source).

Well, with a fresh -current -i386 kernel with v 1.50 of sys/dev/ic/aic7xxx.c
I get:

sd1(ahc2:6:0): queue full

and then a few seconds later, I see it again, and then a
little while later I see it again, and then all accesses
to sd1 fail.

> I made yesterday, so if you update, I'd like to see if you are indeed
> hitting that condition.

I am.  However, the hang-on-all-accesses is new since 1.48.

        Sean.