Subject: Re: pppd
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/2000 15:22:45
>Its not the *work* I see people complaining about, its the
>breakage done during the work.  Seems to me that IPv6 changes
>weren't being tested without IPv6 until after they were committed,
>at which point other people noticed things had broken.

	It is also true that a developer cannot test code before commit
	for every possible configuration options.  I believed this is the
	reason why there's netbsd-current and releaes (1.4.x for example)
	branch.

	Though I agree I was not perfect, I feel recent finger-pointing
	(rather than careful bug reports with enough info to repeat)
	makes me a little bit unhappy.

itojun