Subject: Re: new dhcpd & bootp
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2000 13:47:30
On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 01:33:19PM +0200, Thilo Manske wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 12:25:12PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > Is there something I should know about dhcpd V3 and bootp?
> >
> > I have a test box running 1.4X/i386 of 2nd May, but 1.4U userland with
> > bootptest 2.4.1. It can use dhcpclient fine, but bootptest fails.
> [...]
> > I then try bootptest -h <A,B,C> on the test box.
> > For all of them /var/log/messages shows correct BOOTREQUEST/BOOTREPLY pairs.
> > But, bootptest gets "no response" from C.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> You do have "allow bootp" in your dhcpd.conf on C, don't you?

Nope - from dhcpd.conf(5):

       The bootp flag is used to tell dhcpd  whether  or  not  to
       respond  to  bootp  queries.  Bootp queries are allowed by
       default.

But I'll try... /var/log/messages on C does say that it emitted a BOOTREPLY
to the BOOTREQUEST. bootptest says no response.. can it be that the reply is
ignored as being duff?

Patrick