Subject: Re: tulip -- unknown device `tlp'
To: None <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/2000 19:05:04
> I rebuilt /usr/src/usr.sbin/config many times. Then I found a
> /usr/src/syssrc/usr.sbin/config directory and rebuilt it.
>
> Either I missed this in the documentation or I improperly used cvs,
> because I didn't know that there would be multiple versions installed
> under my /usr/src.

You probably have your old sources lying around in a "unified" tree,
but the new sources checked out in their individual trees with the
names of their corresponding CVS modules as top-level directories.

I think that what I'd do is remove or move away /usr/src, fetch a
new set of source tar files, unpack those (which will result in a
unified /usr/src tree), and use CVS on that tree thereafter.

Alternatively (not recommended, because it'll take much more time
and cause extra load on the CVS server) is to just move /usr/src out
of the way, cd /usr and do "co -P src".  This will check out the
non-crypto source tree -- if you're in the US you could
alternatively check out src-crypto-us.

See the output from "cvs co -c" for a dump of how the CVS modules
are structured/related and where they are normally unpacked.

Regards,

- H=E5vard