Subject: Re: tulip -- unknown device `tlp'
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/2000 10:55:49
On Wed, 3 May 2000, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> What is the date for your -current sources?  From recent sources you
> should have the following in sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC:
> tlp*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # DECchip 21x4x (and clones) Ethernet

My /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC is dated Jan 31.
I now see that I have a /usr/src/syssrc/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC file
dated May 2.

> So your -current sources must be out of date. (quite)

This is exactly what I thought. I don't know if this is the correct
mailing list for this, but my first email on this topic read: "I (think) I
updated my kernel and config to current...".

Should I just work from this new /usr/src/syssrc/sys/ tree or how can I
"properly" update my /usr/src/sys files to be the new current kernel?

Thanks.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net