Subject: Re: tulip -- unknown device `tlp'
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/2000 13:36:04
Jeremy C. Reed writes:

> I am not sure why I thought it was plug-n-play, so I changed it.
>
> Regardless of this change, I still receive the error:
>
> rainier:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf$ config JCR2
> JCR2:449: tlp*: unknown device `tlp'
> *** Stop.
>
> Can anyone explain how I can install or find the tulip "tlp" driver for my
> NetBSD-current kernel (i386 platform)?

What is the date for your -current sources?  From recent sources you
should have the following in sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC:
tlp*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # DECchip 21x4x (and clones) Ethernet

And in sys/dev/pci/files.pci:
# DECchip 21x4x Ethernet controller family, and assorted clones.
attach  tlp at pci with tlp_pci
file    dev/pci/if_tlp_pci.c            tlp_pci

So your -current sources must be out of date. (quite)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.