Subject: tulip -- unknown device `tlp'
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/2000 09:49:13
I have a Lite-On Communication 82C168/82C169 (PNIC) 10/100 Ethernet
(ethernet network, revision 0x20) at PCI dev 8 function 0 not configured.

I think it is also know as vendor 0x11ad, product 0x0002.

(The default OpenBSD kernel configures it as pn0 and pn1.)

I'd really like to get this to work. I (think) I updated my kernel and
config to current, but when I do a config on my new kernel configuration I
receive:

rainier:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf$ config JCR2
JCR2:458: tlp*: unknown device `tlp'
*** Stop.

This line reads:
tlp*        at isapnp?                      # tulip

I am not sure if I grabbed the new kernel source correctly. At first I
followed the instructions at
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#using-anoncvs

I did a
            cvs checkout syssrc/sys
            cvs checkout syssrc/usr.sbin/config
            cvs checkout syssrc/usr.sbin/dbsym

and also
            cvs update -d -P

I did make and install config successfully.

Does anyone have any hints on how I can use the tulip driver?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net