Subject: heads-up: bsd.kernobj.mk
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/2000 02:15:41
I've just committed some changes to about 40 Makefiles and lists under
src/distrib/ these changes use bsd.kernobj.mk to set KERNOBJDIR among
others which at the end of the day defaults to
${BSDSRCDIR}/sys/arch/${MACHINE}/compile

Thus the makefiles and lists now refer to ${KERNOBJDIR}/INSTALL/netbsd
etc.

These changes rely on BSDSRCDIR being set, which is now handled
automagically by src/Makefile.inc

I've tested this lot on sparc with MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX set so that
kernels get compiled under:

${MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX}${BSDSRCDIR}/sys/arch/${MACHINE}/compile

and all the right things happen.  But I've probably mucked up the
number of ../'s in at least one Makefile.inc so if your build suddenly
breaks I'm sorry :-)

Also for the arch's which don't currently list ${KERN} or ${KERNEL} as
a dependency in bootfs/Makefile or equiv, if that is changed, the
.include of bsd.kernobj.mk needs to be before the dependency so that
KERNOBJDIR is defined at that point.

--sjg