Subject: Re: sendmail and netbsd
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/2000 09:42:03
On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 08:35:34PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> On Mon, 01 May 2000, Thilo Manske wrote:
> > - postfix is not nearly as flexible as sendmail
> > And there are some reasons why there are still only "beta" releases and
> > snapshots of postfix so far...
>
> No, that's not true. Postfix is fully released. The releases are just
> named by date rather than "1.x" or whatever.
Please check www.postfix.org

The latest "official" release is
"Postfix Beta 19991231 Patch 5"
and the latest "experimental" is
"Postfix Snapshot 20000309".

AFAIK there hasn't been a single release @postix.org yet Wietse hasn't given
the name "beta" or "snapshot".

Yes, I know, some vendors sell software of much less quality than
"Postfix Beta" but the same is true for NetBSD/current...
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.