Subject: Re: sendmail and netbsd
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2000 17:08:51
>> now...getting back to my original question: can someone cite specific
>> portions of the sendmail licence and explain why they're not
>> compatible with netbsd's goals?
>
>You are now required to supply source. Any more questions?

this clause then?

1. Redistributions qualify as "freeware" or "Open Source Software" under
   one of the following terms:

   (a) Redistributions are made at no charge beyond the reasonable cost of
       materials and delivery.

   (b) Redistributions are accompanied by a copy of the Source Code or by an
       irrevocable offer to provide a copy of the Source Code for up to three
       years at the cost of materials and delivery.  Such redistributions
       must allow further use, modification, and redistribution of the Source
       Code under substantially the same terms as this license.  For the
       purposes of redistribution "Source Code" means the complete compilable
       and linkable source code of sendmail including all modifications.

how come we can't just satisfy part a?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|