Subject: Re: Kerberos questions
To: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/2000 18:02:17
"Tracy J. Di Marco White" <gendalia@iastate.edu> writes:

> I wanted to use Kerberos 5 on a NetBSD/i386 machine I'm setting up,
> but when I log in I'd like to get Kerberos 4 tickets as well as
> Kerberos 5 tickets.

Are you using -us or -intl (or something else)? The question is
relevant for both client and server ends.

For the -intl side you can't do what you want, since there isn't any
krb4 in -intl at all. I don't know what the situation for -us looks
like.

For stock Heimdal you would enable [libdefaults] krb4_get_tickets in
your krb5.conf. I guess that you have to do something similar with the
MIT code, but I think it involves some kind of 524 daemon.

/Johan