Subject: Re: softdeps considered safe now?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Ethan Solomita <ethan@geocast.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2000 13:46:17
Peter Seebach wrote:

> In message <200004301856.UAA29794@rumolt.teuto.de>, Martin Husemann writes:
> >I have some machines running rock solid with it on all filesystems, but
> >one particular machine locks up regulary when I enable it (last tried with
> >current about one month ago).
>
> I don't know if this is related at all, but on BSD/OS, we've had some systems
> which need more kernel memory.  With the old crufty VM stuff, this is
> "options KMEMSIZE", I don't know how to do a corresponding tweak with UVM.

	NetBSD panics when it runs out of kernel VM, and since he had it lock
up, then that wouldn't be it. (I've gotten that panic myself before
recent Softdep improvements) Martin -- I take it that you can't break in
to the debugger? Also, even if the OS thinks your disk is clean, I'd
suggest booting in single user mode and forcing a fsck "-f" on all your
partitions. I've occasionally seen this happen.
	-- Ethan