Subject: Re: date(1) patch to alow timezone to be specified
To: Scott Aaron Bamford <sab@ansic.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2000 11:40:51
Scott Aaron Bamford wrote:

> I'm soon to change timezone and wanted an easy way to know the time in
> differnt timezones, so as not to wake up someone and have them pissed at me
> forever (:

While I'm not sure that the functionality is needed (see some other
replies), one comment on the code:

> +#define ZONEDIR		"/usr/share/zoneinfo/"

"TZDIR" is provided in "tzfile.h" - you don't need to add this yourself.
In general with user accessable systemy type files, the location of
them should be in a header file somewhere.  If they are not, then you
probably should file a PR saying there's no way to find the name of
such-and-such directory or file.

Simon.